Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lazy day ideas

While it may be a bit early in the day to proclaim it, I would very much enjoy having at least one lazy day during my week off. I hope that today will fit the bill. Yesterday K and I went to Boston to meet up with friends and bum around. It was great seeing people and seeing parts of Boston that I've never been to - which, really, is most of Boston. Oh, but it was exhausting though! We must have walked 10 miles through the day. We did, however, meet up with a high school friend for a fantastic dinner at Panang - Malaysian food, yum! In the end we did get home before midnight and fell into a blissful slumber. For myself, I was actually quite surprised I could sleep at all. After the full day of walking and being generally zapped of all energy, Lucinda made me a HUGE cup of coffee so we could make it home in one piece. Woke me right up, all the way home, but once home and that pillow was in sight, well, it was all over really.

In other news. We've been thinking about our wedding and K's been especially into dress shopping. At first we thought we were going to go the more casual route and we would both were non-traditional dresses of different colors. Then as we started planning other aspects of the big day, we decided we want it to be a little more formal, so we thought two traditional dresses. But it's funny, since we decided that, my inspiration to look for a gown for myself diminished greatly. As someone recently said, it's hard to picture two brides in full traditional regalia walking down the aisle. Of course, when I heard this, I said we can do anything we want to - after all there are no standards for lesbian weddings, so we get to make our own rules - and if we want to both wear traditional gown, we'll both wear traditional gown. And I stand by that. But, the thing is, I just can't picture us both in a traditional gowns. Neither can I picture myself wearing a tux. I mean, I've dressed up for Halloween the past couple years in a tux and top hat, and I must say that I do look rather dapper and it was loads of fun:


But honestly.

This is me playing dress-up.

I'm not really butch.

I like dresses.


And I don't want to make light of our commitment.







So. I think we've decided on an interesting solution. K actually came up with it. She really wants to wear the traditional gown, so she will do that. And to create a balance, I'll wear a formal black gown. Not poofy, but sleek and elegant - preferably satin. I've found a couple designs that I like, but nothing perfect yet. So what do you think???

No comments: