Saturday, July 22, 2006

And then there are calls like this:

Not even 5 minutes after my last post a call came in and the woman, who sounded drunk, or otherwise impaired, said that she was out of her Ritalin for her Bipolar Disorder (impossible, you don't get prescribed Ritalin for Bipolar, probably med-seeking) and that she couldn't cope without it. I try to get her name and see if she'll come into be seen. She refuses. She tells me that she might as well just kill herself and be done with it. She says she's going to go and hang herself. She hangs up on me. I call the police. They try to trace the call, and think they may know who it is - but it was a cell phone, so she could be anywhere. They are sending a couple cars out. I call the supervisor. He says I did everything I can do.

Just another day at crisis I suppose. You never know what you're going to get.

1 comment:

ardi k said...

Yeah. Yaoh!! Sounds like you need some down time. Hope you can get some soon.