Saturday, July 22, 2006

It all seems to be going so fast these days. Just over a month to the wedding, and so much yet to do. In one sense time seems to be spinning out of control, and in another it isn't going fast enough.

Work keeps on ticking by. What does it say when other people's crises become run of the mill for you. When you no longer even raise an eyebrow when someone says they want to kill themselves, or someone else, because their children were taken, they were abused, their wife is cheating on them, they lost their, job, house, spouse, etc. In a sense it is good. I can get right down to the matter at hand (how can we help this person), rather than getting caught up in my own shock or dismay, but it also seems that perhaps I am not able to muster the same sense of empathy that I was when I began working here.

It's time for a change. But so many changes are happening now that to instigate any more would be foolish. Yet, wouldn't it be nice to be enlivened by my work, rather than worn down and jaded by it?

No comments: