Sunday, December 17, 2006

And we're off!

Peanut's hearing was stayed again 'til mid-January. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm really angry that she hasn't been given the hearing that should have happened in July. I'm super excited to have her for Christmas - and now we can really plan for it instead of just wondering if we will send what we got her with her somewhere else. And I'm also in need of a Peanut-free vacation. All of that aside though, we've begun the true Christmas prep. The tree is HUGE. I did not pick it. The one I would have picked was tall and distinguished, perhaps on the thin side, but I considered it gallant. K however vetoed that idea, and by the time she came up with one she was satisfied with both Peanut and I had had enough galavanting, so we have a 7 foot round/tall tree. K's dad and I almost didn't get it through the door. We had to buy a new tree stand because ours was inadequate. It is smashed into the corner so that it doesn't take over the entire living room. But it is very festive! And Peanut loves it! She helped put the angel on top and decorated the entire bottom row of branches. Then when the presents came out to be put under it she kept picking them up and declaring that they were, "Mine!"
This will be a good Christmas.

No comments: