Friday, July 27, 2012

A Whole New World

And several years later we are no longer kid-less.  In fact, we have a keeper of our very own.  I have taking another foray into the blogging world over here with our new adventures.  Originally I wanted to just take this one up again ... and really, I'm still torn, but since I went and started a new one (thanks to the Google takeover of Blogger, as far as I can tell), I might as well start a new chapter. 

Since that last post we've had 17 foster children come through.  Three of which were long term placements.  We always new that we wanted to have kids of our own, and frankly, we were tired of having our hearts broken.  So now we have a wonderful, beautiful, sparkling, real live Boy of our own for keeps.  We still keep in contact with Peanut, who is doing wonderfully, and also with Prancer - who was with us after Peanut.  We tried to keep in contact with Buddha, but his mom cut off contact.  We miss him dearly, and worry about him, and really, I try not to think too very much about him because I just tear up when I do.

So that's that.  On to a Whole New World of Mommy (that's K), Joi (that's me, a.k.a. Mama), and the Boy (and, well, that's our boy, who I really ought to come up with a new nickname for, but for now that'll do).

No comments: