Monday, March 06, 2006

Frazzled.

I woke up this morning feeling the same way I did when I got home from work Saturday afternoon. Overwhelmed, overworked, and just frazzled. I'm sure the neigbhors music blaring through the ceiling did not help. I went up and told them to please not play that stuff before 9am - ever. She looked shocked that I could hear it. And then she gave me some excuse that there were salespeople knocking on her door and that is why she turned it up - so that they would go away. Um. Likely story. We've never had sales people at our door, much less at 7am. So I came back down, fed the cats (they were very grateful. I love my cats), and just as I'm getting my morning cup of coffee the phone rings - now remember this is still before 8 in the morning. Could I please work the 3-11 shift as they had two call-outs today? What!?! After last week!!! Well thankfully I am getting my eyes dialated this afternoon. I've never been so happy to have my eyes dialated. It is a terribly unpleasant experience. I told him - my boss that is - that I wouldn't be available until at least 8pm because of the dialation and some other appointments. We are going to buy my dress -very exciting. And very important. I also told him that last week really did me in (he was out for the last half of the week) and that it would be really good if he could find some other way to go about covering the shift. He said he would try, but that even 8 to 11 would be helpful if he couldn't. Damn, but I wish they would hire another full time staff.

Ok, I'm in the process of gaining perspective. I have taken a shower. That helps. I talked to a friend. That helps a lot! And she's probably coming over for her lunch break (Yay!!!) I will go meditate now, and perhaps clean up a touch before she comes over.

No comments: