Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So much for the gym...

So I arranged with K to pick up Peanut so I could go to the step-aerobics class tonight. The last couple weeks I've brought Peanut with me to Y-Time child watch and that works pretty well - she likes it and I get to work out for a meer $4 babysitting fee. But when we do that we don't get home 'til 6:45pm and that is usually when she is finishing dinner, which isn't great. So anyway, I get home, put on the gym clothes, and am on my way out when K and Peanut walk in. We give greetings and hugs all around and then I say, "See you later," which was met by a quick response by Peanut of, "NO! Mommy Joi stay.... Please." Ah, geez. I will either have to get outta the house before they get home or get some more resolve in going to the gym if I intend on getting myself back in shape! So instead of an hour of jumping and pumping I folded laundry, installed a shelf, and refereed dinner. K is doing story time and I will now have a beer and do dishes. I may do yoga later - but ya know I just have this feeling that it's not quite the same workout - specifically when one take into account the dinner geared towards weight gaining that was served up for Sweetie (can I just say it's adorable to have a two-year-old ask specifically for goat cheese).

No comments: